Tuesday 8 October 2013

Some recent work.

 Well the new camera is really proving to be a marvellous asset. I try to get out with it most days, even on the shot walks along the lane when I am giving bailey his run out. I love fiddling with the various settings of exposure, aperture and timings, it really takes me back to the days of film cameras.
 Currently I am only using 2 filters, a UV filter which is really there to give the front glass of the lens a bit of protection and a circular polarising filter. This helps to reduce reflections off water and enhance clouds and sky.
Pony in the Eden valley.
I just liked the setting, the pony on the fellside with the light on the lands behind.

Rutter Force.
This delightful waterfall is not far from Appleby. It is a wonderful setting even though the opportunities are limited due to footpath restrictions.

Hudeshope Beck
I took a wander up this small river and decided to give longer exposures a bit of a try. The polarizing filter came into its own here and the longer shutter speed really caught the swirl of the water.

Long-horned Cow.
Using a shallow depth of field I was able to focus on the cows head whilst putting the distant farm out of focus and less of a distraction.
All in all I am really rather pleased with my efforts with the camera so far. I don't think you can beat actually getting out and using a camera such as this. The main thing is not to be afraid of it and use the full range of settings and features.

No comments:

Post a Comment