Thursday 17 October 2013

A bit of Black and white.

 Whilst on a short walk up by Low Force today I was looking for something different. I go here quite often as it is only a short drive from home. However, it is easy to come to such places and take the same old shot. It turns out that both of the shots which I was most pleased with worked better in black and white.
The three trees.
I have photographed this small stand of trees often and in all seasons. It's not difficult to do so, they are just by the path that leads down to the falls. Today my eye was caught by the patch of sunlight on the grass which seemed to replicate the shape of the trees.

Going with the flow.
Right place right time, a couple of canoeists were having a run or two at this cascade, a good chance for me to try some of the faster settings on the camera and the light across the water really added to the effect.
It's great to come away from a favourite haunt with something new, all in all a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment